Support and Sales
For more information on where this project currently stands, please also click here.
As my bio mentions, Cerebral Palsy denied me the power of speech. Yet, one of life’s first lessons I had to learn was that verbal communication is one of the tools that makes the difference between just existing and actually being a member of society. Harsh but true. How eloquent we are often plays a big role in deciding our future. I quickly found the current crop of augmentative communication software to be lacking in flexibility, reliability, speech quality, vocabulary, or inter-operability with other programs. Fortunately, being a professional software developer put me in a position to do something about those problems.
Xpress-It uses the Eloquence speech engine developed by Eloquent Technology Inc. for the Department of Defense. This all-software synthesizer produces very high quality speech that even total strangers understand. Xpress-It is a text-to-speech system with the following features:
- Practically unlimited vocabulary
- Automatic entry of new words into vocabulary
- Programmable pronunciations
- Word prediction based on the user’s previous history
- Customizable voices
- Built-in voice control language
- Complete compatibility with Windows 98 or higher
- Modest system performance impact
- No additional hardware needed, just sound support and speakers
- Xpress-It videos
All trademarks are the property of their
Xpress-It copyright 2008, D. Scott Royall.
All rights reserved.